Searching for the ultimate all-conditions tire? One with low-profile tread that rolls fast and doesn’t pack up with mud? Meet the Ranger. Tightly spaced center knobs set the pace while open outer lugs devour corners and shed muck with ease, making the Ranger equal parts trail ace and XC dominator. Completing the package, multi-directional siping ensures the Ranger will grab hold whether tackling technical climbs or flying into corners. Forget trail conditions, the Ranger isn’t intimidated.
Usage : Cross-Country • Trail
Conditions : Hardpack • Loose Over Hard • Dirt • Wet
- Tritec Compound - TriTec blends three distinct rubber compounds to provide different levels of traction, support and durability based on their placement within the tread. High durometer rubber provides a foundation for the entire tread pattern and even extends slightly into the base of each knob to provide additional support below the softer compounds used in the remainder of each knob. Center knobs feature a medium durometer compound to provide traction and durability without sacrificing rolling efficiency, while outer knobs feature the softest compound for maximum grip and slow rebound characteristics.
- TCS Light Casing - TCS Light tires feature one layer of casing to minimize rotational weight while simultaneously increasing the overall liveliness of a tire. Using a single layer of casing results in a gram-conscious tire that better conforms to the trail and increases traction without the need for excessive knob heights that would reduce efficiency. Many of our TCS Light mountain tires feature Slash Guard technology, which provides a protective nylon insert spanning the entire sidewall to provide extra puncture protection without the weight of a dual ply casing.
- SG2 Puncture protection - TCS Light single-ply mountain tires are available with SG2 puncture protection. SG2 is a lightweight nylon layer that protects all areas of the tire with an additional level of defense against punctures and pinch flats. Bead-to-bead SG2 also improves sidewall stability and overall tire support without the additional weight of a Tough (dual-ply) casing.
Flat nylon fibers within SG2 reduce the amount of rubber needed to fill the gaps between fibers compared to traditional protection layers with round fibers. The increased fiber-to-rubber ratio boosts puncture resistance while reducing weight and improving suppleness compared to our Tough casings. Third-party lab testing showed bead-to-bead SG2 provides 80% more sidewall protection than traditional single-ply tires without SG2.
- Multi-directional siping - Knob siping in a variety of directions provides improved traction whether you're pedaling, braking or cornering. Siping also improves traction on wet rocks and roots by increasing the amount of working edges on each knob contacting the trail.
- Mud-shedding design - Substantial spacing between knobs allows room for mud to fling from the tire rather than clinging on to the thread. Open spacing allows the knobs to always be in contact with the trail rather than being covered with sticky mud.
- Short, efficient knobs - An abundance of short knobs allows the Ranger to provide the traction of many knobbier tires, but without the slow rolling resistance of chunky knobs. This makes the Ranger an excellent tire choice for XC or trail riding.
- Tubeless compatible - TCS (Tubeless Compatible System) is WTB's standardized tubeless system. These tires feature a TCS tubeless casing, which nearly eliminates flats and allows lower tire pressures to improve traction and comfort over a traditional tube-type tire.