The MET Trenta 3K Carbon Mips® is a high performance road helmet designed with elite cyclists and worn to victory at Le Tour de France and the monuments of Liège-Bastogne-Liège and Il Lombardia. Engineered to keep your head fresh and save you energy with every pedal stroke, the MET Trenta 3K Carbon Mips® is the most advanced road cycling helmet we have ever made, now upgraded with the addition of Mips AIR®, the lightest and most advanced rotational management system.
- 3K Carbon Technology - The construction of the MET Trenta 3K Carbon performs better than any other helmet on the market. Our R&D team discovered that the carbon’s elastic modulus allows us to reduce the density of the EPS foam by 20%, without affecting its capacity to absorb energy. The result is a lightweight, yet better-performing shell that sets a new standard in terms of ventilated helmet manufacture.
- NACA Vent - Originally developed by NACA, a precursor to NASA,the position of this inlet at the front ofthe helmet has a cooling effect. Harnessing the power of the Venturi effect, the vent pushes out the warm air within the helmet through specially positioned exhausts. This ensures constant airflow through the helmet, without catching the wind and creating drag.
- Rear Deflectors - The back of a helmet has a huge impact on how well ventilated it is, with the exit of warm air from within a key priority. The MET Trenta 3K Carbon features a flat rear deflector inclined at 25°, which makes it possible to include two wide exhausts that optimise airflow when you’re on the drops and riding hard.
- Tube Shaped Tail - The tail of the helmet also has an aerodynamic purpose. It works in synergy with the NACA front vent and the rear deflector to effectively drive airflow. It has a lower profile at the rear, which we developed thanks to specific wind-tunnel testing in the NEWTON laboratory of Milan.
- Head Contact Surface - We built the MET Trenta 3K Carbon in such a way that only 30% of the head will be in contact with the helmet when you’re wearing it. This allows the other 70% to benefit from the optimised airflow passing through the internal cavity, keeping you cooler as you ride.
- Sunglasses Ports - Dedicated rubber ports for securely docking sunglasses.
- Mips Brain Protection - MET never compromise on safety performance, adding Mips AIR® we have integrated into the padding the lightest and most advanced rotational management system. Mips AIR® was specifically developed and designed to be the lightest system possible to reduce rotational energies transferred to the head during specific angular impacts. Unlike traditional Mips cages, Mips AIR® is integrated into the padding of the Trenta 3k Carbon and enables 10-15mm of relative movement between the energy absorbing layer and the padding.
- Small Size 210g
- Medium Size 215g
- In-mould polycarbonate shell with EPS liner
- 3K Carbon cage embedded into liner
- Sunglasses rubbered ports
- Safe-T Orbital Fit System
- All round belt offers 360° adjustment
- 4 position vertical adjustment
- 2 position occipital adjustment
- Ponytail compatible
- Hand washable Air Mesh comfort pads
- Air Lite straps
- Adjustable cam divider
- Reflective rear stickers
- Internal Air Channeling
- Helmet soft bag
- Certifications CE; AS/NZS; US