INTRODUCE THE RIDER YOU ARE TODAY TO THE ONE YOU’LL BE TOMORROW.
Improve every day with Edge® 840, the touchscreen and button-controlled bike computer with targeted adaptive coaching. It’s the optimal gear to prepare you for upcoming races or personal milestones.
Garmin Edge 840 GPS Cycling Computer
Packed with advanced features, Garmin ups the game again with the latest Edge series GPS cycling computer, the 840, capable of enhancing any and every ride or training session. It's the perfect tool for any rider, no matter their level or goals. The combination of a touchscreen and buttons allows good control of the unit in all conditions, and battery life is excellent; up to 26 hours when using navigation or other demanding features, and 32 hours in battery saver mode.
Connect the 840 to a compatible power meter and heart rate monitor and benefit from the advanced coaching features such as suggested workouts and training, based on current training load, recovery, or upcoming events. In addition to this, the power guide feature recommends targets based on the course to help manage efforts, reducing the chances of a mid-ride bonk, while stamina insights work similarly, providing guidelines on how long an effort may be held.
Out on the road or trails, multi-band GNSS technology provides precise location information and navigation. You can follow pre-planned routes, set up a course from the device itself, or allow it to navigate you home. Turn-by-turn navigation and audio prompts keep things simple so the focus stays on enjoying the ride or following a training plan, and ride-type-specific maps show you where's popular with locals, on and off road. ClimbPro ascent planner is a feature now available even when a route isn't loaded, indicating, or warning, of upcoming climbs and making it easier to gauge efforts mid climb.
Setup of the unit is simple and use is intuitive, with courses, tools and data easy to access, either from the 840 itself or from a paired smartphone. You can also pair to favourite apps, such as Strava, Komoot and TrainingPeaks®, through the Garmin Connect™ app on a smartphone, nicely integrating functionality between systems and devices.
- Find your way in the most challenging environments with multi-band GNSS technology, which provides enhanced positioning accuracy
- View daily suggested workouts and training prompts on screen; get personalised coaching that adapts based on your current training load, recovery, and upcoming events
- Manage your efforts with the Power Guide feature, which recommends power targets throughout a course
- Get Stamina feature insights while you ride so you can keep an eye on how much longer you can really push it
- Classify your strengths as a cyclist, and compare your cycling ability to the demands of a specific course so you can focus your training and improvement in the right areas
- See remaining ascent and grade when climbing so you can gauge your effort with the ClimbPro ascent planner, now available on every ride — no course required; view on your Edge device and in the Garmin Connect app on your smartphone for ride planning
- Simplified setup and a streamlined interface make it quick and easy to access the information, courses and tools you need
- Ride like a local, whatever your bike type, with improved ride type-specific maps that highlight popular roads and trails plus searchable points of interest. Swap maps for other regions at no charge using Garmin Express
- Feel free to pause route guidance and off-course notifications while you go off-course to explore. When you’re ready to get back on track, Edge will show you the way
- Automatically send a message with your location to emergency contacts after an on- or off-road incident to get help when you need it most
- Create LiveTrack sessions direct from your Edge device, and let friends and family follow your real-time location and even view your entire preplanned course
- Pair with the Varia rearview radar and smart lights so you can easily see and be seen
In the box
- Edge 840
- Out-front mount
- Standard mount
- USB-C cable
- Advanced GPS cycling computer with touchscreen and button control combines superior navigation, planning and performance tracking, cycling awareness and smart connectivity
- Targeted adaptive coaching (When paired with compatible sensors - sold separately)
- Power Guide feature (When paired with compatible sensors - sold separately)
- Real-Time Stamina (When paired with compatible sensors - sold separately)
- Cycling ability (When paired with compatible sensors - sold separately)
- VO2 Max/Recovery Advisor (When paired with compatible sensors - sold separately)
- On-device course creation
- MTB dynamics
- Indoor trainer controls-compatible
- ClimbPro Ascent Planner
- Daily suggested workouts (When paired with compatible sensors - sold separately)
- Preloaded Trailforks app
- Smart notifications / Incident detection / LiveTrack feature / GroupTrack feature / Weather (When paired with a compatible smartphone)
- inReach® device compatibility (Active satellite subscription required. Some jurisdictions regulate or prohibit the use of satellite communications devices)
- Ambient light sensor
- ANT+®/Bluetooth®/Wi-Fi® connectivity
- Battery life: Up to 26 hours (demanding use) / Up to 42 hours (battery saver)
- Pre-loaded Garmin cycle map region: Western Europe, Central Europe, Eastern Europe, North America
- Internal memory: 32GB
- Display type: Sunlight-visible, transflective memory-in-pixel (MIP)
- Display size: 2.6” (66 mm) diagonal
- Display resolution: 246 x 322 pixels
- Unit dimensions (w x h x d): 57.8 x 85.1 x 19.6 mm / 2.3” x 3.4” x 0.8”
- Manufacturer claimed weight: 84.8 grams (GPS unit only)