New Cutting Edge Design
This is the ultimate XC race bike. Ground-breaking suspension, aggressive geometry and feathery weight let you go full gas from the gun.
Where it thrives
On the race course
What it's built for
- Lightweight carbon FlexPivot frame / Lefty Ocho fork / Integrated Cannondale App connectivity
- Shimano XT/SLX 12-speed shifting / HollowGram crank
- Shimano Deore hydro disc brakes / Stan's NoTubes Crest S1 tubeless-ready rims
- Suspension for speed - The most advanced suspension ever made for XC. While others sacrifice performance to save weight, our patented FlexPivot suspension delivers both. Incredibly light, with unreal grip, acceleration and control, it lets you go flat-out everywhere. More speed. More fun.
- Degrees of difference - Scalpel’s progressive geometry has evolved even further – we have a full degree and a half slacker headtube angle, one-degree steeper seat tube angle – creating an XC bike that’s more aggressive, lightning-fast, fun and stable everywhere, from the World Cup to your local loop.
- FlexPivot - The key to Scalpel’s incredible suspension performance and light weight. These patented carbon plates create virtual Horst link pivots, while being stiffer and lighter than bearings. Incredibly durable. Incredibly flexible. And completely maintenance-free.
- Proportional Response - Unlike the competition, who use the same suspension kinematic across all sizes, we customize the layout of our suspension for each one, so that every rider, from the smallest to the tallest, experiences the same brilliant suspension performance.
- OutFront Steering Geometry - Lefty’s extra-long fork offset gives you more stability and confidence when things get rough, while keeping the steering XC-quick everywhere else.
- Connected - An integrated wheel sensor delivers hyper accurate speed, route and distance info, registers your bike, reminds you of needed service and more, all through the free Cannondale App.
- Assymetrical Integration - Our unique offset drivetrain delivers big tire/mud clearance while keeping the chainstays short for traction and agility. Factor in that it also creates a stiffer, stronger rear wheel, and Ai is a win-win-win.
- Two Water Bottles - Proper hydration, without the pack. Hallelujah!
- Directline Cable Routing - Tube-in-tube internal cable routing in the frame and swingarm makes installing cables quick and easy.
- Stiff.Light.Fast - At just over 1900 grams, complete with shock, the new Scalpel frame is one of the lightest full suspension MTB frames on the market. Incredible suspension, impeccable handling and feathery weight – it’s a recipe for victory.
- The World's Best XC Fork - Lefty Ocho is simply the most advanced, smoothest, most precise-handling ultralight fork ever made. Its one-of-a-kind design lets you float through the chop and slice through the chunder like nothing else.
Bike Details :
- Platform Scalpel
- Model Name Scalpel Carbon 3
- Model Code C24401M
Frame set :
- Frame - Scalpel Carbon, 100mm travel, Proportional Response Tuned, FlexPivot Chainstay, PF30-83, Tapered Headtube, Speed Release 12mm thru axle, Ai Offset, Stash compatible
- Fork - Lefty Ocho, 100mm, Chamber Damper with remote lockout, OppO Spring System, tapered steerer, 55mm offset
- Headset - Integrated, 1-1/8 to 1.5", sealed angular contact bearings
- Rear Shock - Fox Float DPS Performance Elite EVOL, remote lockout, adjustable rebound
- Rear Derailleur - Shimano XT
- Shifters - Shimano SLX, 12-speed
- Chain - Shimano SLX, 12-speed
- Crank - HollowGram, BB30a, OPI SpideRing, 34T, Ai offset
- Rear Cogs - Shimano SLX, 10-51, 12-speed
- Bottom Bracket - Cannondale Alloy PressFit30
- Brakes - Shimano Deore hydraulic disc, 160/160mm RT54 rotors
- Brake levers - Shimano Deore hydraulic disc
- Rims - Stan's NoTubes Crest S1, 28h, tubeless ready
- Front hub - Lefty 60
- Rear hub - Shimano MT510 12x148
- Spokes - DT Swiss Champion
- Tires - (F) Schwalbe Racing Ray Performance, 29 x 2.25", Addix Compound, tubeless ready, (R) Schwalbe Racing Ralph Performance, 29 x 2.25", Addix Compound, tubeless ready
- Tire size - 2.25
- Wheel size - 29
- Front tire - Schwalbe Racing Ray Performance, 29 x 2.25", Addix Compound, tubeless ready
- Rear tire - Schwalbe Racing Ralph Performance, 29 x 2.25", Addix Compound, tubeless ready
- Handlebar - Cannondale 2 Flat, butted 2014 Alloy, 31.8mm, 3° rise, 8° sweep, 760mm
- Stem - Cannondale 3, 6061 Alloy, 31.8, 7°
- Grips - Cannondale XC Silicone
- Saddle - Prologo Dimension NRD, STN rails
- Seatpost - Cannondale 2, 7075 Alloy, 31.6 x 400mm